PensionersRants

Monday, June 7, 2010

Yardworks

May 5, 2010
I picked up a small kids bike from someone’s trash the other day. Just what I needed. Took off the two wheels and was able to put them on my lawnmower. Took a little effort and extra parts, but it turned out well. Last year when I used my neighbour’s lawnmower, I found it easier to push when the back two wheels were large. After that I did my lawn, front and back.

My wife’s garden plot is 24″ x 4″, with wood all around. She wanted the wood 4″ higher. I had some old planks behind the shed, so I got out my table saw and cut them to the right size. Two hrs. later, job done. Now I need some dirt to fill it up. Was going to do that today. But now it is raining. If your plan goes down the storm drain, make a new plan.

So now the plans are, go to church, then Canadian Tire. Need something for the lawn and I want to buy a couple of fuses. The new ones that you just reset. We rarely blow a fuse but when we do, these will be the replacements. Then its off to building supplies for some bricks. Ornamental use. You can pick up bricks in the rain.

No comments: