PensionersRants

Monday, May 11, 2015

Sears Card

    
      At the start of last week, my wife and I went to Sears. They convinced us to switch our Sears card to a Sears Master Card. First, we did mine - no problem. Then we tried my wife's. It came back no, because she didn't have a photo I.D. She doesn't have a drivers license. This has caused problems before, so we decided to get her a photo I.D. The photo I.D. is done at the Licensing Bureau. It looks like a drivers license, except the photo is on the opposite side. I won't go through all that, but to say that it took 1 1/2 hrs.
      Then, we went back to Sears and tried it again. Came back no, so we gave them a call. They said she couldn't get a Sears credit card because she didn't have someone's else's credit card. She has had a Sears card for 50 years. They said that card is tied with my card, so she doesn't have a credit history. We would have to go to the bank and get a credit card.
      So, off we go to the Royal Bank and tell them our problem. They tell us we have a credit card and since it's tied to a joint account, we both have a credit history. She showed us our different credit histories. So I told her to cancel those cards, and get a new card in my wife's name. I'll get the extra card. Then the lady said, "The next time you go to Sears, tell them thanks for the business."
      Then I told my wife that we have to wait till we get her new card before we try Sears again. She said," Never mind. I have been dealing with Sears for 50 years, and if they don't trust me enough to give me a card, the heck with them. I have my own credit card from Visa, so the next time I go to Sears, I will put it on my VISA card."

No comments: