PensionersRants

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Hospital Visit.



      Last week I went to the hospital to visit a friend of mine. He's 76 yrs. old and he fell and broke his hip. That seems to happen a lot. As luck would have it, it was the day before his birthday. There was no one around, so he lay on the floor for awhile. In the end, an ambulance took him to the hospital. Then, the hospital climbed all over his wife.
"How could you do that? leave him all alone at home?"
"Well, why wouldn't I - there wasn't anything wrong with him until he fell."
      Sometimes, my friend has a bad attitude. The type that says, "No one is going to boss me around." Bad attitude for a hospital. They tell him that he's not allowed out of bed without assistance. But he didn't listen. He gets out of bed when no one is around and falls. So that caused a big panic. They were afraid he might have broken his other hip. But he didn't, just ended up with a lot of bruises.
       The other day, while his family was visiting him, he started to climb out of bed.
"Whoa, where are you going?"
"I'm getting up."
"Are you allowed to do that?"
"Sure, I can get up when I want."
"You just stay there until I ask a nurse."
      Well, the nurse came, gave him hell and told him to get back in bed. He'll be going home soon, I imagine, and I can see a lot of problems arising there.