PensionersRants

Monday, January 31, 2011

Coyotes Abound

I've mentioned coyotes before and they are in the newspaper again today. A few streets away from here, a coyote was hit by a car, and the police had to be called to put him down. This is not like the countryside. This is in the city and the other street is even closer to the downtown area. Scarey to go for a walk. I also read about a woman, in Point Pleasant Park, which is in Halifax, had a coyote run in front of he.

Of course there is my own experience, while driving to work at the airport one morning, I smucked one. He put a small hole in my bumper. On the way home in the evening, someone was throwing him into the back of a truck. Trapper, perhaps.

Just went outside to stack up on firewood. Temp. is -10C/14F and with windchill is -17C/1F. There is a snowstorm coming, either Tue. or Wed. or both. There seems to be two heading this way. Have to go and gas up the snow blower. We had a couple of inches of snow last night, which I wasn't expecting.

No comments: