PensionersRants

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Bed Bugs and Politicans

I had to laugh this morning, when I saw the political cartoon. It seems like the article is about bedbugs, but actually refers to four politicans, who got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. I'll have to scan and put it up.

As I look out the window, it is snowing like a bugger. I was not expecting that. We had two snow stormes last week. Two days in a row. Got to use my snow blower on my driveway and five others. Neighbours sick or working. Next time there will be one less. The house across the street now belongs to the bank. The wife thought the husband was paying off the morgage, but he wasn't.

Read this article about a guy in Ontario, on his computer, watching a webcam of ten guys working on building the new Bluenose. (That's a sailing ship. You have to look it up.) He called up the nearest Tim Hortons to them and sent over coffee and donuts.

In Halifax, we are busy with the Canada Games. So I guess the snow and cold is good for that.

I was at the hospital for something yesterday, and while I was there, I bought postage stamps. No tax on stamps, so it is like saving 13%. Usually you get ten stamps, and it costs six$ something. Bought two books, paid 12$ something. When I came home, I noticed the books had thirty stamps. So I will have to go back and pay the difference. It's run by little old ladies volunteers and I wouldn't want them to have to pay out of pocket. I'll phone them today and tell them to stop selling cheap stamps.

No comments: