PensionersRants

Friday, April 20, 2007

Sunshine

Sunshine out there to-day. Supposed to go up to 12 C, 50 F. Stopped raining yesterday afternoon after three days.
A couple of days ago, the guy came in to clean the furnace. Sub-contracted to Sears. Different person than I usually have. Took things apart and said we needed a new furnace. Never did clean it. Spent the whole time telling us we needed to lease a furnace. Yeah, right. Went to his truck to do the paperwork and when he returned, he had already made arrangements for someone to come to do a sales pitch.
Will be getting a second opinion from my plumber. Don't want this to be a case of "Lets rip off the seniors".
The furnace is 25 years old and maybe I do need it replaced but I'll decide from where it comes.
Anyway, there is no hurry.
Guess I can do my 3km.walk to-day.

No comments: