PensionersRants

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Snow Again

That's how it is, snow or rain. Last week was a nice week. We got rid of most of the snow. Today it is snowing like a bugger. Now I can start making a new snowpile on rhe side of the driveway. The other disappeared. And that's a good thing. Usually they get higher and higher and stay till March. So later I will be with my shovel. Then I won't have to do my walk, which would be on the threadmill. I don't like using the treadmill. Rather walking outside. But at this time of year I could break an arm or somethng. And its too cold.
My wife has a new project. She needs a new dryer. She had stuff in for 40 min. and it still wasn't completely dry. Took it apart. Bad elements. I'm not going to fix it. Want one that is more energy effecient. Do you know what the elements look like in one of those things ? A giant toaster. Imagine having about ten toasters on any lenght of time.
Speaking of toasters, mine is about 40 yrs. old now. It was bought at the PX in Germany as a wedding gift. Fourty years next month. I replace the cord on the toaster a couple of times and that's it. GE and made in the U.S.A. Not Mexico or anywhere else. So I have to thank GE and the american worker for that.
And speaking of americans, on and on with their election. I like our way better. Not critizing their way. Every country has their own. And that suits them. When they they make a mistake, I can sit back and say that I would have never voted for him or her. In Canada, two months of campaigning and then we vote. Something like that.
I'm glad I went to church last night. Don't have to drive in this today. Tomorrow I have to take my daughter to the doctor. That's a half hr. drive to Halifax. Supposed to be very cold tomorrow. Bad time for wheelchairs. Oh well, that's the way it goes. For her it will be a big adventure since she rarely gets out in the winter.

No comments: