PensionersRants

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Birthday

Friday was my 65 th. birthday. It was the best birthday I ever had. My wife and son took me to a restaurant and a surprise party. Really had a great time. Stayed there for a couple of hours. Then everyone came back to our house to continue on. On Sat. I was so tired, I couldn't do anything. Had lots of e-mails from relatives. I'm the oldest of this clan. Hard to believe that at 65 I'm the oldest. Hoping to be the oldest for a long time.
So now I am officially an old person. Next month I start getting my old age pension. That will be $500.00 a month.
Last Mon. took my daughter to the hospital for that checkup. And it would have to be the coldest day this winter. Windchill was -24C -11F. The front of the hospital is just like a wind tunnel.
On Tues. my wife went with a friend looking for a new dryer. Found one at the Sears clearance center in Halifax. Cost $259.00 instead of $359.00. Had a bump in one corner. Went on Thur. to pick it up. Great to have a van when you have to haul something. Dryer works great.
Sunday to-day and very cold. Work on my e-bay store today. Have to wrap some ads to send out. One is going to Italy. An ad for a 1960 Olds. Most of my customers are in the U.S.
I'm surprised at the weather in California. Worse than here.

No comments: