PensionersRants

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Flash Freeze

  
     Flash freeze is not a term that I am very familiar with - until yesterday. Two nights ago we had a bit of snow, 3-4 ins. Next, there was a bit of freezing rain. Then, the temperature dropped 10 degrees and everything wet, froze. The driveway, walkways with the 3-4 ins. plus small snowdrifts turned to ice. The van and car looked like two ice cubes. Ice all around, and the hood, windshield and roof wore a covering of 3-4 in. of ice.
    I had to let the vehicles run for about 45 min. to get the bottom of the ice heated. Then I could slide the ice away. I eventually cleared the roof of the car. The van still has a block of ice on the roof.
    That was yesterday. Today it is raining, and it is supposed to rain all day. Hopefully, I can clear the van because tonight we are getting another 12 ins. of snow.
    Of course, the snowplow had to go through early yesterday morning, forming a two foot wall at the end of my driveway. My snow blower was useless. Wished I had my coal-mining ancestors to dig that out.