PensionersRants

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Perception

I have this neighbor who lives around the corner from me. I think I've only seen him about three times in the past year. He has a hedge around his house, overgrown to all proportions so that you can hardly see his house and nothing of his yard. He is about 6' 6" tall and broad shouldered with a grey beard down to his belt. He also wears a kilt.
When I first saw him, I thought to myself that if I had been an 18th. century English soldier in the highlands of Scotland and saw this guy running towards me wielding a broadsword, I would run like hell. Perception. 
The next time I saw him he was walking his dog. You're probably expecting him to have something like a Scottish Deerhound or such. I swear, I think that the weight of the dog leash was more than the weight of the dog. So now I saw him walking over the highlands with the tiny dog cradled to his Brest minus the broadsword. Perception. (A way of regarding, understanding, or interpreting something; a mental impression.)