PensionersRants

Thursday, April 16, 2020

Coffee and Sugar

When I was 18, for Lent I gave up sugar in my tea. Later on, in the Air Force, I drank coffee without sugar. Just think. Sixty years without sugar. I must have had a major effect on sugar prices. That must have been felt down through the whole food train. 
Someone gave me a coffee one day with sugar. Couldn't drink it. In my house we only use sugar for baking. So there is no big rush to buy sugar when it is on sale. 
I've read this, "Even if someone tells you the truth, who will listen?" That goes very well with what is going on now. Some listen, some don't. Possibly we only listen to what we want to hear. All leaders assume they are right and want to pull us into their sphere. Right or wrong, we suffer the results.
Alright, confession. I never read that sentence, I wrote it.