PensionersRants

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mexico




My son said that we were so close to Mexico we just had to go. So that was one of our side trips. We parked our car on the U.S. side and walked over because we were told that driving back was difficult. And that sure was true. Coming back, I think we saw six lanes of traffic. And it was backed up as far as the eye could see. Anyway, we just wanted to say we were in Mexico. Now the biggest surprise was the border. It was just a turnstyle. There wasn't a soul there. Well, there may have been souls but there were no people. I imagine there are not too many people trying to sneak into Mexico. Once inside, we were bombarded by hawkers and taxi drivers ( in yellow shirts). So we looked around there for a spell and then came back. This time it was a real border crossing. Though I must say, it was easier to get back into the U.S., than getting back into Canada later on. Coming back home we went thru customs in Toronto. In the lineup next to me was a group of Mexicans. It seems that they come up her to work also. Fancy that. Anyway, when I get up to the desk, its why,when,where,how much etc. Now in the lineup next to me it was "Do you speak english?" Head shake "No". "Do you speak French?" Head shake "No". Very good, off you go.







No comments: