PensionersRants

Friday, March 27, 2020

Self Isolation

I'm free! I'm free! Well, that ends two weeks of self isolation. It was the result of my short trip to Florida as a guest of the BlueJays and West Jet. The two weeks weren't much different than my normal life if you can forget about going to church, shopping, eating out, going for coffee with friends etc. 
There is shopping for seniors from 7 am till 8 am. I don't know if there was any lineup before hand but there was the normal amount of customers in the store by the time I got there. What I noticed the most was that there was no couples and probably more men than women. Women pushing their cart with toilet paper and paper towels. The men had wagons full of food. I guess their wives will get the toilet paper tomorrow. 
We had snow last and now we have a ton of slush. Probably gone by the end of the day. 
I can't say that I will catch up on my reading, as I am never behind when where you are is arbitrary. Now that we have access to movies and shows from all over the world, there is also never a lack of T.V. to watch. No baseball to watch. It was supposed to be opening day. I was already to sit with my new hat and shirt but, I guess not.