PensionersRants

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Bagels

I was reminded this morning about the Seinfeld show where they sold only muffin tops. I was having a bagel at the time and I realized that I always cut my bagel in two, toast it, butter it, put on cream cheese and I always eat the top last. For some reason I feel it is the best part. There are only two types that I like, Raisin and Everything. I also don't like them too big and puffy.
I told you the story about my toaster. I actually have a second toaster which I bought at a yard sale for $5.00. A back up toaster maybe, but actually a toaster for bagels. Bagels don't fit in the other one.
I remember the first time I had a bagel. It was in New York City, visiting my cousin and after Mass on a Sunday morning we went to a Bagel store. It was like a Donuts Shop. In front there was six cash registers and behind trays and trays of cream cheese. Who would have guessed how that would go.