PensionersRants

Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Souped Up Drink Cooler

Saw something on New People's Almanac this morning. It said that 80% of millionairs drive a second hand car. So I was fairly impressed with this. Thinking that some millionairs don't waste their money. Told my wife about it and she said, "Well Jay Leno has used cars." Then I was not so impressed. After that I told my son the same thing. He said "Sure , but they can also have a new car. Now getting less impressed. Then I think, yeah, a guy can have a 2009 Maserati. No longer impressed.

Now here's a story about the souped up drink cooler. This guy was stopped, riding on the sidewalk and got a ticket for $222.00. Now when you look at this thing, it's not much different than something from the scooter shop.  It's not as pretty and it's home made but it's about the same size. I don't know why he got the ticket but I have a few ideas about it. He says that he drives it at 5 to 10 mph. but says it goes 50 mph. Anything going that speed has to have a licence and probably drive on the road. You wouldn't be able to drive your car on the sidewalk even if you went 5 to 10 mph. There is something else thought I don't know if it has anything to do with it. The guy is about 42  years old and I don't think he has any handicap. Anyway, he is going to fight it in court. Right now he is grounded.

Since the dock workers in Montreal have gone on strike, it has given more business to Halifax. Does an increase in port traffic also mean an increase in drug traffic? Seem like the two would go hand in hand.

I have four brothers of which I am the oldest. One day someone said to me that I would die first. Inquiring how he got to that deduction, he said because I was the oldest. My thought was,"Hold on Tonto, this is not the Supermarket, where if you are at the front of the line, you get to go thru the checkout first."

No comments: