PensionersRants

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Graduation: Falling Off A Cliff

My wife just told me an excuse to go shopping. We need metal inserts for paint rollers. She went on and on about the old ones, why we tossed them, about tarring the driveway, about lending one to someone and so forth and so forth. When she finished, I said,"That is so cute, you worked so hard on that excuse and it was so eloquent and all you had to do was say I'm going shopping."

O.K. I confess. I don't get it. Graduation time. It seems that you have to go to the dance in a limo and a $500.00 dress could be on the cheap side. You've just finished high school and you are now qualified to work at McDonalds and Wal-Mart. Just like falling off a cliff. Hopefully they have cash registers that tell you what change to give back. From what I've seen, read and heard, they think math is something theit parents had in school. Oops! I shouldn't use the word math. It should be arithmetic. But haven't you seen that. Cashiers that can't figure out what change to give back? I always feel sorry for them. Life will be a long road.

I remember my high school prom. My date was 15 years old and I was 17. All the guys made fun of me because she was so young.  I suppose if she had been 16, she would have been and older woman. Well smartasses, she's 65 now and the age difference wouldn't seem to matter that much. I did get better though, my wife is only one year younger than me.

No comments: