PensionersRants

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

AS USUAL - Big rain last night, with thunder and lightining. Forcast rain for to-day and tomorrow.
CHORES - It seems like there is a list of chores I have to drive around and do every day. There are some Franciscan Monks that have moved into the area. They have an old house that nuns used to own. Last week I brought them a couple of items of furniture. One of my neighbours has given me a recliner chair, so that will be going out there today.
Since I now have laminate floors in the bedrooms, I will now need some small mats. In this house that means going out and buying new mats, bringing them home to see how they look and if they fail the test, they will have to be returned. At this point we have two sets of mats and one will be going back today. And there may be more yet to test.
To the post office with an e-bay parcel.
Fluorescent light tubes I no longer use, dropped off at church.
And the other chores ? I find out what they are as I drive away from the house.
REGULATE GAS PRICES - Now that's a story. Filled up on the last day of June. Gas was $1.09 a liter. The next day gas became regulated and it immediately went to $1.15 a liter. I always thought regulation meant holding the line on sharp increases. But now being older and wiser, I find out it means holding the line on decreases. Now the question is, who is getting this six cents ?
PATIO - Finished with the patio yesterday. And I guess just in time. Two gal. of stain and not a drop to spare. If Betty could have wrung out the can, she would have. Now we have to do the front wheel chair ramp.
INTERESTING FACT - It is impossible to lick your elbow. Even if you wanted to.

No comments: