PensionersRants

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

THINGS TO DO - But not yet. There will be no rushing out to finish the patio. What I see is fog and lots of it.
MORNING PAPER - What I see on the front page to-day, as I have seen for the past week, is about the booming economy of Alberta. I swear that Halifax Herald must be getting a bonus from Syncrude. Everything is milk and honey and the streets are paved with gold. From my experience, there is always a bad side to everything.
Remember a few years ago. They didn't want maritimers out there. The Premier at the time , who is still the Premier, was offering free bus tickets to return home. But he has softened with age and he wants us all back. No bus tickets though. We're getting plane tickets to fly back.
The bottom line is that I won't be going out there unless its for a trip. I first wrote,"unless I'm on vacation". But I'm always on vacation. And I am too busy to get a job.
RETIREMENT - A lot of people go out west to make enough for retirement. But I have already done that so no use doing it again. My lifestyle is the same now as when I worked. You get to do the things you want to do and you don't have to rush it. When I worked for security at the airport, half the time I would have to get up at 4:00 am. For the longest time I would still get up at that time, but only on the days that my shift was working.
Stats Canada says that the average Canadian male retires at 61.5 yrs. of age. And that is exactly when I did.

No comments: