PensionersRants

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Entry for July 03, 2006
WEATHER - What else but rain. The forcast says sprinkles. Fitst time I heard that term for weather on the news. Windy yesterday. Nice day last Sat. for Canada Day. But I didn't cut the grass. Too wet. Electric lawnmower and wet grass not a good idea. Have to be truthful. My wife didn't cut it. My sore arm is holding me back.
PHYSIO - My Physio lady says to be very careful and go slow. But I still should give it some exercise. I'll start the lawn cutting and stop when it gets too sore. Went to Physio last week and got promoted. Only have to go once a week now, unless I make it worse. Costs $45.00 a visit. For the first $500.00, insurance pays 80 %. for the next $500.00, I pay all. After that, back to 80%. So right now I am in the I pay part.
LAWN MOWER - You may ask. Why would I have an electric one ? And the answer is because I can fix it. I found the gas mower to be a never ending expense and pain in the neck. My electric one can go for years without doing anything to it. Just sharpen the blade. Which is what I have to do to-day. But first I have to go for my 3 km. stroll. Its 9:10 and the sun is shining. Better go while the going is good.
GARBAGE DAY - Yesterday evening my son looked outside and said he saw more traffic in 10 min. than he saw all day. We live on a small cresent and there is very little traffic. The reason for the influx was garbage pickers. They must pick up half the garbage that is left out. Some of it ends up at scrap dealers and other stuff at yard sales. Better than land fill.

No comments: