PensionersRants

Thursday, July 6, 2006


HOME - This is the front of my house when the grass is cut, which we were finally able to do. There has been a few nice days . But it was back to normal today, showers.
YARDSALES - Did some yard sailing last Sat. Was looking for a bookcase. Had given my brother a bedroom dresser and now I needed a bookcase to fill the spot. Found one, all wood and in beautiful condition. It was a foot too long but the price tag on it was $2.00. I couldn't buy that wood for that money. While I was looking at it, the lady said, "If you take it, you can have it for $1.00." Couldn't get the money out of my pocket fast enough. Since I couldn't lift it myself, she helped me put it in the van. Got it home and my wife and I cut it down to my size, shined it up and it looks great.
MOVIES - Went and saw the "Superman" movie on Tues. In Imax and 3-D. I must say that it has been a long time since I wore 3-D glasses. The first part of the movie was much more exiciting than the last.
MAGAZINES - Picked up about 15 magazines at a yardsale. The lady said to just take them. They were from the 1980's. Good for my e-bay business, since I sell old magazine ads.
PHYSIO - Did that trick this morning. I didn't know it was exam day. But I must have passed because I only have to go once next week.
DESK - Someone offered me an old sewing machine desk. The type where the machine folds down inside. Has one drawer on the side. Looks sort of antique. Makes a great computer desk. Since it has no machine in it, I may install another drawer. And refinish it.
INTERESTING FACT - Men can read smaller print than women can; women can hear better. ( I think they also remember better. Especially something you said 20 yrs. ago.)

No comments: