PensionersRants

Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Entry for June 23, 2006
MORNING WALK
08:00 Just finished my 3 km. walk. And it sure was foggy. Try to do my walk every day. Have to keep the blood pressure down. The alternative would be blood pressure pills and that would permanent. An expense that would be totally my fault.
EXERCISE
My next event for the day is to do my arm exercise. Hurt my left arm a year ago. Continuous lifting with it only made it worse. Went to a Chairopractor for a number of months. That didn't work, so I went to the Doctor in Feb. Tried his plan for a month. That didn't work. Next on the list was Physio. Started out at three times a week, then twice a week. Yesterday she told me that maybe after next week, I can probably go down to once a week. Looks like it is working. Just have to be careful.
ACUPUNCTURE
One of my "things to do" in life. So now I can mark that off my list. It is part of the Physio and works well. Checked it out on the web and found out that it has been around for 8000 yrs. Orginally they used small sharp stones to make fine cuts. They have needles on display that are 2500 yrs old. Wonder what the hygiene was like ?
RENOVATIONS
Still ongoing. Laminate floors being put in three bedrooms. My wife decides, since all the furniture is out, it would be a good time to paint. And this is a good idea. It kind of irkes me that with my sore arm, I can't do the floors. But we must move on, because there are always things to do. I'm sure I will have my share.
NEWS ARTICLE
Read this article about neglected Huskies in Que. http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060622/quebec_huskies_c... I noticed that the SPCA didn't get involved until there was donations made. Makes me wonder.
INDEX FINGER
Something interesting I read in Readers Digest the other day. If your index finger is shorter than your ring finger, you are prone to having a temper. Oh! Oh! Bad news for me. Well, its not something I don't already know. Anyway, it has to do with what happened in the womb. So there, its not our fault. By the way, this only works for men, not for women.
INTERESTING FACT
Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled
"Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus
the word GOLF entered into the English language

No comments: