PensionersRants

Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Slavery

Woke up yesterday  morning with all the intentions to work outside, finish off the things I had started. The temp. was only 12 C/ 53 F and windy. There are things that I started to do from my list that I haven't quite finished. The day before was garbage day for regular garbage. Allowed five garbage bags or cans. Two were filled and there was three more with cut up wood from the garden. There is still wood left to cut up for the next pickup, two weeks away. Next week is green bin.
I also started straightening out my compose bins. Not quite finished there.
Hearing a lot about slavery again. I wish they would stop blaming me, I had nothing to do with it. In fact, most of my ancestors were almost white slaves, if not to a person, at least to a company or the system. Working in the coal mine was not a posh job. Since then we've made progress and we didn't hold protest marches and we didn't loot stores. And I wonder what does it gain to burn out stores in your own neighborhood?