PensionersRants

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

And Away We Go Again

9:15 am
At exactly 9 o'clock, got a phone call that my lawn mower part is in. He was all buddy,buddy on the phone. We are of to a better start today. I will go there first. After that it's of to Wal-Mart or Cosco for glasses. That's half way to the airport. They used to be ten min. up the road but they built a new industrial park and the big box stores moved out there. Ruined the mall. All the small stores had to close and they ended up tearing down the mall. I very rarely go there so my wife will have to direct me. Supposed to be 15C/60F today. Hard to believe.

1:30 pm
Well I went for the lawn mower part but I took my wife with me. The trip took on a life of its own. After my pickup, we dropped off some clothes at a battered women's place, went to a hardware store for a lint trap, went to the supermarket for a plant for a sick neighbour and then home. No new glasses for me. That will be tomorrow's excitement. What I did learn was that my chore gets done first or it may not get done.

6:30 pm
O.K. lawn mower done. Works great. So now I have a $300. lawn mower and it cost me about $20. But there is something I don't like about it. And that is the handle. Its that double handle that you have to hold together. My hand gets sore after awhile. I would rather have a switch. Have to see what I can do about that. My wife is gone to visit someone in the hospital. So I have to look after our daughter. Put in her feeding tube and stuff like that.

No comments: