PensionersRants

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Falling Leaves

Nice day today. Not that warm but sunny.
Had to do some work on my van. The arms on the back door had some rust, so I sanded that down and put some Tremclad on it. Next month is my safety check. Safety checks used to be good for only 1 year, but they changed it to 2 years. So my next one will be good for two years. It will probably be the last one for that van. It has 82,000 miles on it and is in pretty good shape. But it’s a 2000, so that makes it ten years old. One of these days I will trade it in.
My neighbour gave me a lawnmower that didn’t work. Gave it a check over. Had spark, that was good. Carb. dirty. Cleaned that. Gave it a yank. Big puff of smoke. That was good but the recoil almost took my finger off. That means the pin is broken. At least it has a good carburetor, which happens to be the same as on my snow blower. I’ll still take it apart to make sure about that pin.
Waiting for a neighbour to call so I can pick up her husband from the hospital. He went in a week ago. He doesn’t look all that good. I don’t want to get to involved with something in case I have to leave. If I went for my walk, she would call while I was away.
Back from the hospital. Says he doesn’t feel good. Lots of perscriptions to get filled.
Went to mass this evening. Nothing to watch on tv. All repeats.

No comments: