PensionersRants

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A New Start

8 am.
Yesterday was the pitts. And I finished the day by doing something stupid. I went and bought a lottery ticket. Can you imagine that? With all my bad luck I had yesterday, I go and buy a ticket. Maybe my luck was bad yesterday because I started the day wrong. Normally I do my 2 mile walk. But not yesterday. Must have given me wrong juju or something.
This morning for breakfast I had coffee and a raisin bun. Not a Hot Cross bun. You make this one by putting two pieces of dough in a muffin pan. When it is ready, you can easily break the two pieces apart. I always had tea for breakfast but I found out that it gave me heartburn. So I switched to coffee two weeks ago. No more heartburn, not even during the day when I still drink tea.
Read this headline this morning. “Canadians advised against travel to northern Mexico.” I don’t think I would have to be advised. But again, common sense can be in short supply. Nothing will happen to me, it will be someone else. When you live in a country like Canada, violence is at a minimum, and you feel safe. In a country like Mexico, something can happen anytime. You take your feel of safeness with you and that doesn’t work out all the time.

6 pm.
What I noticed on my walk today was an ESSO oil truck doing a refill for someone. The first thing that came to my mind was that he was probably paying $50.00 more than I would. I get the no-name brand. The thing is that all the oil comes from the same refinery. No matter what company delivers it, it’s the same oil. Same with gas. Saves me $300. or $400. a year.
While waiting for my lawn mower part, I’ve cleaned up the mower. I’ll do an oil change when I get it back together. I have plans tomorrow to get new glasses. But you never know about plans.

No comments: