PensionersRants

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A New Year

January 8, 2010
Well Christmas is over for another year. At my age , they come a lot faster.
Only had one snowstorm so far. So I got a chance to use my snowblower. It worked good but I think it should throw the snow out farther. That would mean changing a belt which is probably the original. It looks like it is quite stretched. That is not a job for the winter, that’s for sure. So, that goes on the list for summer projects. I don’t think I need to go searching for the same belt. One that is the same width and a little shorter should do. Anyway, worry about that later.
Another project is to raplace two fence posts. Both are broken at ground level. Have to do that job in the early spring when the ground is still wet. Easier to pull out the bottom.
Of course I still have the project of getting a lawn mower working. I am at the point now that I think the pin is broken, putting the timing off. Getting that pin out is a project in itself.
I don’t have electricy in the shed. Keep saying that I will do it, but never have. I should make that a project this summer. The main reason is because it would be nicer to use the electric start on the snow blower.
The temp. outside is 0C/32F which is quite nice. Watching the weather on T.V. and this temp. in parts of the States is quite hard to cope with. I can certainly understand that

No comments: