PensionersRants

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Try Again

March 15, 2010
9 am. Try again to keep this up to date. I blame it on Twitter. It gets all my sentences. By the way it’s PensionersRant
Toast and rhubarb from our garden for breakfast. The weather says 10C/50F today. I know this is someone’s else’s weather, but I don’t feel guilty. Wonder if this climate change is permanent or just a one shot affair. When you have six months of winter, there is a lot you can’t do. Everything goes on hold.
My neighbour said I could have all her firewood because she doesn’t use it. So I hauled that over last week. I have a lot of splitting to do some time this summer. Took my lawn mower apart. The broken one I scrounged. Found out it had a broken shear pin. Getting a replacement may not be easy. Not many places around that fix mowers. Most people just throw them out.
5 pm. I called a place to check out for parts. Said they had it in stock. So I drive for half an hour thru the city and lo and behold, what did they say? No, we don’t have any. Parts will be in on Wed. Give us your name & Ph.# and we’ll call you. O.K. did that. What else can I do. As I was driving away, I remembered that I had another name of a place. It was 45 min. from my house in a different direction, but I went anyway. When I got there, a sign on the door said “Closed On Mondays.” Can you believe that?
After that, I did the next best thing, I gave up for today. My wife had stew & french bread for supper. And I think that was the only good thing that happened today. See, you can have a miserable day without even trying.

No comments: