PensionersRants

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Lawn Mower

November 3, 2009
Went for my walk a couple of days ago and saw a friend of mine throwing out a lawn mower. He told me it wouldn’t start, so of to my house it went. Yesterday I checked it out. It was a no start. Took off the carb. and cleaned it. Still a no start but this time it backfired. At least I’m getting somewhere. The internet says it is the spark plug or the key is stripped. (Sad that so many are thrown out because of a one dollar key.) Try the spark plug first of course. Went to Canadian Tire but couldn’t get one. That area is now mostly Christmas decorations. Have to go somewhere else. I allready know,with my luck it will be the key or something worse.
The next problem was my wife’s vacuum cleaner. It started smoking and the whole house smelled of burnt rubber. Got that all fixed up with cleaning and a new belt. Have a bunch of belts in the shed.
My wife started sucking up the leaves but after two bags it became my job. A bag of mulched leaves is a lot more than just a bag of leaves. I sucked up eight more bags. Did about three quarters of the yard and decided to leave the rest till today. Bad plan. It poured last night and is still raining. It was supposed to have been possible showers in the afternoon.
Anyway, now you know what the other people do.

No comments: